Marine Love

I had the pleasure of sewing with Birch's Marine line of fabrics over the past couple months and just needed to show off these great summer projects. This line is so versatile because the prints are great for quilts, clothes and home decoration projects.

My first project was a quilt made with the Marine line and coordinating solids. It is made with the Whale Watching custom bundle and Kona White for the sashing.

Whale Watching Bundle

Here is a closeup of the prints and the quilting.


 It is backed with Whale Love and bound with Urchin Forest Sunset.

Urchin Forest Sunset

Whale Love


My next round of projects were sewn for Dan Stiles, the designer of the Marine line. I loved the way he combined his prints for dresses for his girls. I also whipped up some super cute little skirts and throw pillows to show off his prints. These prints are just perfect for summertime clothing.


Dress Made in Marine Birds and Urchin Forest Daylight

I had fun using a different print for the hems of the skirts. We purposefully kept the skirts simple so this was a fun little detail.

Skirts made using Whale Love and Sunset
Skirts made using Whale Love and Sunset
And here are the throw pillows with Urchin Forest Sunset and Sunset on one side.


And Urchin Forest Daylight and Sea and Sky on the other side.



I hope you enjoy pictures of these projects as much as I enjoyed making them. Happy sewing!

Your Fabricworm Girl,

Melissa

Comments

Dawn W said…
Love the quilt! I'm not on facebook to share my quilt project made with this fabric line, but I was a stalker when it first came out, and made a little baby blanket. It's on quiltedbydawn.blogspot.com - I highly endorse this fabric! :)
FabricWorm said…
Dawn, your quilt is amazing! I love how it turned out!
Jennisa said…
Love your site! I design blogs! let me know if you ever want to spruce up your blog to look more like your website! I LOVE swaps, so we could work something out! :)

http://onceuponablog.org

jennisajoy@gmail.com
Michelle B. said…
Love the pattern as well as the fabrics. Did you make the pattern yourself or is it available on line?
FabricWorm said…
Hi Michelle, the inspiration for this quilt came from the Denyse Schmidt pattern "Stacking the Odds", which can be found here:

http://www.fabricworm.com/descstodqupa.html

However Melissa didn't use the actual pattern and just mocked it up herself:)
Cheers!
Cynthia
k said…
Cute dress! Are you able to reveal the pattern?!?
Unknown said…
I love the feel of this quilt. I have a stash of nautical fabrics that would look great in something like this. Thank you for the inspiration.
Lunden said…
Thank you K! I used Simplicity 5489SIM for the dresses and the skirts.