Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Fabricworm is celebrating our 2 Year Anniversary with a Giveaway of Cosmo Cricket Early Bird! Pardon Diatribe
Hi Friends and Family,
Fabricworm has just celebrated our 2 year anniversary! It's been a long road to get here. But we've managed and business is better than ever.
Thanks to our loyal fans and following, we've managed to accomplish a lot in these 2 short years. This year we saw the launch of our very own fabric line, a 100% organic line of quilting cottons under our Birch Fabrics label, Circa 50 designed by Jennifer Moore of Monaluna This was a huge accomplishment for so many reasons.
When I started Fabricworm, the first question out of my mouth with every new Fabric Rep that I met was, "Are they offering any printed organic cottons"? Again and again, I got the exact same response. I was so frustrated. It seemed that the manufacturers just haven't been able to understand not only the demand, but more importantly the impact that offering organic cottons could have on our eco system. With roughly 25% of all pesticides used in agriculture, being used on cotton fields, it seems logical that a shift is clearly needed in how we grow our cotton. Or else? I don't know about everyone else, but I'd like my future grandchildren to meet their future grandchildren. At the rate we are chemically poisoning our agriculture, it's not clear as to whether or not that is possible.
I encourage everyone to contact their favorite quilting cotton manufacturers, and tell them that you want to see more organic options! Surely if they existed, we at Fabricworm would buy them!
What's on the horizon for Fabricworm?
This November/December we will see the launch of two new collections, "Marine" by Dan Stiles
and Circa 60 Beach Mod, a follow up to Circa 50 by Jennifer Moore of Monaluna
So, Thanks for listening, enough babble.
For the giveaway we are offering the complete collection of Early Bird by Cosmo Cricket in fat quarters, 12 in total.
But we need your help! We are going to be working on a redesign of the website so to enter, please tell us how we can make Fabricworm a more enjoyable shopping experience. What would you like to see in our store? What do you wish we would change about our site? Whatever comes to mind, your input if so important to us!
Please only 1 entry per person.
The Random Generator will choose a winner on Monday June 28th @ 9am PST. So please have your entry in by then.
Thank You and Good Luck!
Thank you for all the amazing suggestions! I'm really enjoying reading every one of them. If you by chance are reading we've already made a few updates:
1. We've now made it so that you can see that a fabric is out of stock before clicking on it.
2. We have a "view all" section for the fabrics, this actually already existed, but for those that didn't notice it.
3. Some of you requested full yard sets, and I just wanted to note that all of the sets are available as 1/2 yards, full yards, 1.5 yards, or even 2 yards as long as we have enough stock on hand. You just enter based on a 1/2 yard. For instance if you want a full yard of each print, you would enter 2 in the quantity box.:)
4. Some of you have probably already noticed this, but we have added a section for Fat Quarters, so that's sorta' new.
5. We unfortunately have a really hard time with the measurement issue, because we use stock photos from the manufacturers and they often don't have a measuring tape, and because they don't use a set size for each picture, to put a ruler with the photo would mean editing of every single fabric, I'm afraid we haven't been able to find the time to do this, but maybe in the future we will find a way.
6. Oh and we now made it so that the pattern section is "view all". So no more multiple pages to click through.
7. I know there is something else, but I can't think of it. Maybe I will remember later. Thanks and keep on posting!
Aw I remember, lots of new solids are on the way, including Robert Kaufman Kona Solids and Organic Solids